We’ve compiled a useful bridesmaid gifts guide to steer you through the gift-giving process. Your attendants will surely appreciate your thoughtfulness!
They have done so much for you, not only as a part of your wedding party but also as a friend and confidant over the years. How to even begin to say thanks? Start by presenting your wedding attendants with heartfelt gifts to express your gratitude.
Bridesmaid Gifts – What to Spend
Consider both your budget and the amount that each bridesmaid must spend to be in your wedding. In the end, it’s always the thought that counts, but giving movie passes may seem a tad ungrateful if your ‘maids had to shell out $300 each for those couture bridesmaid dresses you insisted upon. Get something that lets your attendants know how much you appreciate them. Generally, spending $50–$150 each is a good amount.
When to Give Bridesmaid Gifts
You can present the gifts during any private moment with your ‘maids. Many brides give them during the bridesmaid’s luncheon or tea. You can also hand them out at the rehearsal dinner, when your closest friends and family are gathered together. Consider presenting them along with a toast, thanking them for their support and friendship over the years.
Bridesmaid Gift Ideas
- Spa certificates: Or plan a trip to the spa, and treat everyone to a massage. Your ‘maids will appreciate the special pampering.
- Personalized picture frames: Including an individual photo of you with each bridesmaid.
- Jewelry: It can be something to wear at the wedding, but also try to choose something they will wear again. You want a gift they will enjoy that will often remind them of you.
- Shawls and wraps: Give them in the wedding colors so they can use them to stay warm the day of. Consider fur or fake fur stoles if you’re planning a winter wedding.
- Makeup: Have their makeup done for the wedding, then purchase a few items for them to keep. They will feel fabulous for the big day and will also have something to take with them that they picked out.
- Mixed CDs: Full of tunes that hold special meaning, a great extra that can add a nice touch to another gift.
- Monogrammed totes: Can’t decide on one thing? Give a fun canvas bag and fill it with several of the great ideas listed above.